As the annual family ski trip is approaching, we all need to be careful when preparing stuff for the slopes. One of the biggest problems that families are concerned with in times like these is the volume of stuff they need to carry before heading to destinations like Alta, Snowbird, Brighton or Deer Valley.
The truth is, even if you are a four-member family, chances are that you need one bag for everyone, not even mentioning the ski equipment, helmets, boots and other stuff.
Below, we are listing some of the best things to know in order to help you prepare for your ski trip in Alta, Snowbird or any other destination.
1. Ski Equipment: Renting Vs. Buying A lot of people see skiing as an expensive sport and as one of the most expensive family retreats. While this is certainly something that is true, you also need to know that there is a possibility of renting instead of buying ski equipment, which is relatively inexpensive and saves you the hassle of hauling the gear from home.
If your kids are young, this can even be a cost-effective decision and give them the best type of equipment for every year instead of having to buy new ski/snowboard boots or equipment year after year. There are entire weekend ski packages for rent in Alta or Snowbird for as low as $50 per person.
2. Ski Midweek To Make Most Of Lift Ticket Savings Weekends in the mountain can be very crowded when it comes to lifts and slopes. Aside from that, skiing during the weekend is sometimes more expensive too. Obviously, there is no getting around the cost of lift tickets which is increasing year by year – but there are ways to bring the prices downhill.
For example, you can buy your lift tickets online and buy them for skiing midweek so that you gain extra dollars on each one of them. The best on-slope savings are exactly in times like these – not to mention that the mountain can be all yours if you decide to hit it from Monday to Friday.
Tip: If you have children, make sure to understand the age group categories for lift tickets – while most of the resort charge adult rates for 12-year olds and at others, the cutoff age can be anywhere from 14 to 18.
3. Lodging and meals When it comes to lodging, the rule of booking for midweek travel still applies – and guarantees the best possible prices. However, another option to consider is the ski-and-stay packages that can also include lift tickets, breakfast, and accommodation for entire families.
When shopping for a bundle, you can save the extra money and make most of your holiday on the slopes. If there is no space left at your favorite hotel, why not head to Airbnb and look for apartment options over there?
You will be amazed by the choice!
4. Learning To Ski – A Peace Of Mind For Everyone Ski instructors are a great way for your children to learn skiing – all while you are sungazing after a nice downhill ride and drinking your favorite hot chocolate. Alta, Brighton, and Snowbird rookies should know that their first ski trip can be their best – only because of the experienced ski instructors that make skiing or snowboarding less intimidating that it seems to rookies.
If you are new to the slopes, you should know that there is no substitute for a trained professional – no matter how experienced your friends are.
5. Ski Transportation Can Be Your Best Decision In 2018 If you are used to driving to Alta, Snowbird or Brighton for your family holiday on the slopes, you probably know that for you, the holiday begins with the vehicle check. From tire pressure to floor mats, defrosters, windshield fluids, and wipers, chains, lights, and essentials – the list of things that you need to check on are usually endless.
What’s more important is that stocking your vehicle with essentials and doing the regular service before hitting the road can be expensive. This is why a lot of families have decided to book ski transportation services to Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Park City and Deer Valley.
The ski transportation service is great because it gives you peace of mind and comfort – right from the SLC Airport to the ski resort of your choice. With professional drivers and a full service, it gets you rid of the tiresome driving and numerous stops for food and water.
For the most adventurous skiers and families out there, our full-service ski transportation service in SLC can take you from any to any ski resort across the country. Whether you fancy a tour in some of the best ski resorts for the day such as Alta and Snowbird or just want to get a safe and convenient transfer from one ski resort to another – this is the transportation service you should choose!
Ready For Your Ski Holiday?
We hope that the tips listed above help you plan your ski holiday, learn how to save while spending, get the best accommodation possible and most importantly – make your next winter holiday comfortable and convenient.
Riding in comfort has never felt this good, especially after a long and tiresome ski day.
If you are interested in getting a full-service transportation service from SLC airport to Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird, Alta, Park City or Deer Valley – you now know who to call!
#BRIGHTONSKIRESORT #SOLITUDESKIRESORT #ALTASKIRESORT #SNOWBIRDSKIRESORT #PARKCITYMOUNTAINRESORT #DEERVALLEYMOUNTAINRESORT #STEINERICKSONLODGE #THEINNATSOLITUDE #THECLIFFSPA #AIRPORTTOBRIGHTON #AIRPORTTOSOLITUDE #AIRPORTTOSNOWBIRD #AIRPORTTOALTA #AIRPORTTOPARKCITY